A big fire started at Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar restaurant in Mumbai’s Kamathipura early on Friday. They found a burned body of a man in the restaurant’s bathroom while rescuers were trying to help.
The fire at Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar in the Grant Road area was reported at 2:07 am on January 26 and became level IV at 3:03 am. The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) says the fire mainly affected about 400 to 500 nearby shops.
“The fire is mostly in electric wiring, wood stock, and chemical stock in an area of about 7000 to 8000 square feet. It’s also in about 400 to 500 shops/hotels nearby,” said the BMC report.
Officials took the body to J J hospital.
Ravindra Ambulgekar, the chief fire officer (CFO) of Mumbai Fire Brigade (MFB), said they’re still working to put out the fire. “The fire started at Jaffer Bhai’s Delhi Darbar and spread quickly because there are many wood warehouses in the building. The fire spread fast because of the wood. We found one body so far,” Ambulgekar said.
“No one else is inside,” he added.
Officials are checking if anyone else is hurt or missing. They evacuated a nearby high-rise building and Platinum Mall.
Also read ⤵️
To help, Mumbai Fire Brigade (MFB) brought in 18 lines of 16 fire engines. They used six hose lines from the north, three from the west, three from the south, five from the east, and one from the building’s internal firefighting system. They also used two lines from nearby high-rise buildings.