- Complete guide and Information about Worlds Tallest Statue, Statue Of Unity !!!
Worlds tallest statue of India’s first Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of Independent India Mr Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is the tallest statue in the world. After inauguration of Statue of Unity, once more tourist spot got added to Gujarat Tourism’s list. Statue of Unity is not only best tourist spot in Gujarat, it is one of the best tourist spot to visit in the World.
Statue of Unity details you need to know:
|Statue Making –Beginning Date
|31st October 2013
|30th October 2018
|31st October 2018
|Narmada Valley Kevadiya colony, Narmada district, Gujarat, India
|Steel framing, reinforced by concrete and brass coating, bronze cladding
|182 Metres (597 ft)
|Visitors Count in (2018-2019)
|Rs 2,300 Crore (30.7 Million USD $)
Statue is tribute to India’s first Deputy Deputy Prime Minister and Home Minister of Independent India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, who is also known as Iron Man Of India. Statue of Unity was inaugurated on 143rd birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
Where is it Located and How to Reach?
Statue of Unity is Located at Narmada Valley Kevadiya colony, Narmada District, Gujarat, India Facing Sardar Sarovar Dam. Statue of Unity is 3.5 kms away from Kevadiya (small town), nearest city is Rajpipla which is 25kms away from Statue of Unity.
|Distance from Statue of Unity
|Vadodara to Statue of Unity
|Surat to Statue of Unity
|Ahmedabad to Statue of Unity
The easiest way to reach Statue of Unity is from Vadodara City, as this city has both Airport as well as a Railway Station. Thereafter can go by bus to Kevadiya which is the nearest bus stop to Statue of Unity and from their you can easily get auto available directly for Statue of Unity.
What all thing you can explore there?
As we all know The Statue of Unity is built as a Tribute to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, henceforth the entire built in area of Statue of Unity is dedicated to him with a Museum inside with more than 2000 Photographs from the life of Sardar Patel. Lots of flowers and greenery near Statue spreads positivity and fragrance. Most interesting fact about statue is, Sardar Sarovar Dam viewpoint which provides panoramic views of the 256 km long reservoir surrounded by Vindhya and Satpura mountain ranges.
What are the Ticket Price and Timing to Visit?
There are 3 types of Tickets available for Statue of Unity:
- Basic Entry: Cost per ticket for Adult is ₹ 150 and ₹ 90 for Kids between 3 to 15 years of age. Basic Entry ticket include includes observation Deck View, Memorial, Museum & Audiovisual Gallery, and The Valley of Flower.
- Viewing Gallery: Cost per ticket for Adults is ₹ 380 and ₹ 230
- Express Entry: Cost per ticket for Adult/Child is ₹ 1030
Day and Time to visit Statue of Unity:
Before you plan to visit Statue of Unity it is very much important to know the timing. The Statue of Unity is open for its visitors from Tuesday to Sunday from 8am to 6pm and remains close on Monday. So it is advisable to plan your visit accordingly.
Before we move ahead lets have a look at other tallest Statues in the world:
1. Spring Temple Buddha, China : Height – 128m (420 ft)
2. Guanyin of Nanshan, China: Height – 108m (354 ft)
3. Statue of Liberty, New York (US): Height – 93m (305 ft)
4. The Motherland Calls, Russia: Height – 91m (298 ft)
5. Christ The Redeemer, Brazil: Height – 38m (125 ft)