A digital SIM that is installed within the smartphone of users without using a physical SIM on eSIM activated devices is an eSIM or an embedded Subscriber Identity Module. Airtel and Jio prepaid can turn their physical SIMs into eSIMs, as well as postpaid clients with compatible devices, whereas only Vi postpaid clients can get an eSIM. On an eSIM-enabled computer, users can digitally download the Jio SIM profile remotely. As of now, Apple, Samsung, Google and Motorola have compatible devices supported by Airtel, Jio and Vi with eSIM services. To be compliant with the eSIM, Apple users need to have an iOS update which is 12.1 or higher.
Here’s how users should convert to eSIMs with their physical SIMs:
By sending an SMS from the device that has Jio SIM active and completing the profile configuration process on the eSIM device, Jio users can cover their physical SIM to eSIM or switch Jio eSIM from one device to another device.
IPhone Xs, iPhone XS Max, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE 92nd generation, iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, are the compatible devices listed in Jio’s Apple FAQ. Jio’s eSIM is compatible with the following Samsung phones – Galaxy z Flip, Galaxy Fold, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. The phones that are Motorola compliant are Motorola Razr and Motorola Next GenRzr 5G and Google Pixel phones include Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 3XL, Google Pixel 3A, Google Pixel 3A XL, Google Pixel 4A. Only by visiting your nearest Jio store, Reliance Digital, or Jio Retailer with your proof of identity and photograph can the eSIM profile be reactivated.
Airtel Users: By sending an SMS eSIM < > registered email id to 1211, users can convert their physical SIM to eSIM. Airtel states that users will receive an SMS from 121 verifying the initiation of the procedure if your email ID is correct.
- To validate the eSIM change request within 60 seconds, users will have to respond with “1”. Once the confirmation is received by users with a valid email, they will have to confirm the call, unless, according to Airtel, the SIM change request is canceled.
- Upon consenting to the call, users will receive a final SMS from 121 concerning the QR Code they will receive on your registered email id.
- Users will receive a QR code on their email ID afterward. In order to get their eSIM enabled, which takes two hours, they will have to search this QR code. Their physical SIM will remain activated at this time.
- Apple users can scan the QR code by clicking on “Settings” > Select “Mobile Data” > Click on “Add Data Plan” > “Scan QR code” received on mail (Ensure the phone is connected to mobile data/Wi-Fi while scanning) > Label eSim (Under “Label for your new plan” Section).
In order to start the activation process, Vi postpaid users must also follow a similar process and are expected to send an SMS.
- SMS eSIM < space >Registered email id to199 to begin the process.
- A confirmation SMS is issued by users with a valid email ID. To validate the eSIM change order, respond with ‘ESIMY’.
- If your SMS has been confirmed, you will receive another 199-year-old SMS asking you to give consent via a call.
- Upon giving your consent to the call, users will receive a final SMS message that you will receive on your registered email ID about the QR Code.
- While scanning the QR code, users must make sure that their phone is linked to Wi-Fi or mobile data.
- Click on “Settings” > Select “Network & Internet” > Click on “Mobile Network” > Click on “Download a SIM instead” > Click on “Next”
- Scan the QR code received by post and obey the phone prompts.
ALSO READ: FASTag Mandatory From Today: Pay Double The Toll Fee If You Do Not Have It.
ALSO READ: ISRO AND MAPMYINDIA PLANNING TO DEVELOP AN ALTERNATIVE TO GOOGLE MAPS