The Ayodhya airport, completed in a remarkable 20 months, was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 30. Airport Authority of India (AAI) Chairman Sanjeev Kumar highlighted the collaboration with the Government of Uttar Pradesh as per the MoU. Spanning 821 acres, the airport signifies a commitment to community development and cultural enrichment. Kumar stressed the importance of air connectivity for Ayodhya, expressing satisfaction with the ongoing expansion efforts.
As per a PTI report, Scindia stated that the connectivity from Ayodhya airport is expected to experience substantial expansion in the near future. He underscored the considerable potential in civil aviation, specifically for Ayodhya, given its deep-rooted religious and spiritual importance.
Ayodhya airport: First phase
Scindia revealed that the next stage of the airport initiative involves significant enlargement, enlarging the facility from 6,500 square meters to an extensive 50,000 square meters. Furthermore, the runway is undergoing extension to 3,750 meters, facilitating international flights. The initial phase of the Ayodhya airport, constructed at a cost exceeding Rs 1,450 crore, includes a terminal building spanning 6,500 square meters, with a capacity to cater to around 10 lakh passengers annually.
Ayodhya Dham’s – Maharishi Valmiki International Airport
An announcement from an official reveals the official name of the Ayodhya airport as ‘Maharishi Valmiki International Airport Ayodhya Dham.’ According to a statement from the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO), the airport is anticipated to improve regional connectivity, promoting growth in tourism, business, and employment opportunities.
Ayodhya airport artfacts
The interiors feature local artifacts, paintings, and murals depicting Bhagwan Shri Ram’s life. Shikharas enhance the terminal building, imbuing a spiritual ambiance. Harsh Varshneya, chief architect, STHAPATI, described a grand stepped shikar at Ayodhya Airport’s entrance, adorned with brass in Nagara style. This architectural marvel, adorned with scriptures, provides a majestic and culturally rich welcome. The terminal building conveys profound messages through art, with a Bow and Arrow mural symbolizing courage and hexagonal light particles representing the eternal triumph of truth. Artworks throughout, from arrivals to skylights, intricately depict the timeless tale of Lord Ram, offering a unique, sensory-rich experience. Strategically placed skylights act as guiding beacons, improving wayfinding and enhancing the sensory journey for passengers.
Also read ➡️ How To Create An NFC Digital Business Card?
Ayodhya airport advance features
- The recently established airport is set to serve as a gateway for pilgrims and tourists, contributing to the overall development of the region.
- Constructed at an expense of Rs 350 crore, the airport’s infrastructure comprises the Terminal Building, ATC Tower, Fire Station, Car parking, and other essential city-side facilities.
- Encompassing an area of 6,500 sqm, the terminal building is designed to accommodate 600 passengers during peak hours and cater to 10 lakh passengers annually.
- Passenger conveniences include nine check-in counters, three conveyor belts (one in Departure and two in the Arrival hall), and five X-BIS machines.
- The city-side infrastructure of the terminal building incorporates designated parking for cars and buses equipped to accommodate Divyangjan (persons with disabilities).
- Drawing inspiration from Ayodhya’s history and significance, the terminal’s structure reflects the architecture of the upcoming Shri Ram Mandir.
- The terminal integrates various sustainability features, such as an Insulated Roofing System, Canopies for energy conservation, LED Lighting, Low Heat Gain Double Glazing Unit, Rain Water Harvesting for groundwater recharge, Landscaping with fountains, HVAC, Water treatment plant, Sewage treatment plant, and the utilization of recycled water for landscaping.
- To achieve GRIHA 5-star ratings, a 250 KWP solar power plant has been installed.
Ayodhya Airport FAQ: Unveiling the Gateway to Sacred Skies
Q: What is the official name of Ayodhya Airport?
A: Ayodhya Airport officially goes by the name Maharishi Valmiki International Airport, honoring the revered Lord Ram and reflecting the city’s spiritual significance.
Q: When did Ayodhya Airport start operations?
A: The airport took flight on December 30, 2023, bringing a new era of air travel to the holy city. Its inauguration coincided with the ongoing construction of the Ram Janmabhoomi temple, further enhancing its symbolic importance.
Q: Which airlines currently operate from Ayodhya Airport?
A: As of January 1, 2024, IndiGo is the sole airline offering scheduled flights from Ayodhya. However, with the airport’s growing prominence, other airlines are expected to join the roster soon.
Q: Which cities are currently connected to Ayodhya by air?
A: Currently, direct flights connect Ayodhya to Delhi and Ahmedabad. More destinations are anticipated to be added as passenger demand and airport infrastructure expand.
Q: What are the future plans for Ayodhya Airport?
A: The airport is envisioned as a major regional hub with a multi-phase development plan. Future phases are expected to increase passenger capacity, expand terminal facilities, and introduce international routes.
Q: How convenient is the airport’s location to Ayodhya city?
A: Ayodhya Airport is situated approximately 8 kilometers from the city center, offering easy access by taxi, ridesharing services, or pre-booked airport transfers.
Q: Does the airport offer any special facilities or services for pilgrims?
A: While dedicated pilgrim-specific facilities are still under development, the airport strives to create a warm and welcoming environment for all visitors. Information desks, religious texts availability, and assistance with onward travel arrangements are some existing features.
Q: What are the current COVID-19 protocols in place at Ayodhya Airport?
A: The airport adheres to all government-mandated COVID-19 safety protocols like mask-wearing, temperature checks, and social distancing. Passengers are advised to stay updated on the latest guidelines before planning their travel.
Q: How can I find the latest information about Ayodhya Airport?
A: The airport has its own official website (https://ayodhya-airport.com/) for real-time flight schedules, news updates, and contact details. Additionally, travel websites and airlines’ online platforms offer live flight information and booking options.
Remember: This information is accurate as of January 1, 2024. It’s always advisable to check the airport’s official website or airline websites for the latest updates and specific details regarding your travel plans.
I hope this comprehensive FAQ helps you navigate Ayodhya Airport ✈️ with ease! 😊